Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prayer for this morning...


I have had a beautiful morning already. :)

I missed the 7:30am bus, so I decided to bike all the way to the university (I probably got there ten minutes sooner than I would have if I had waited forty minutes for the next bus by my apartment).

It was raining. :)

It was a very good morning to cycle through the residential streets to the bike trail that leads to the UT campus. There were many green trees overhead.

So, my jeans are damp, and I'm trying to cultivate a proper mood of praise and thanksgiving and wonderment in the creation.

Psalm 65

Praise is due to you, O God, in Zion,
and to you shall vows be performed.

[...]

Blessed is the one you choose and bring near,
to dwell in your courts!
We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house,
the holiness of your temple!

[...]

You visit the earth and water it;
you greatly enrich it;
the river of God is full of water;
you provide their grain,
for so you have prepared it.
You water its furrows abundantly,
settling its ridges,
softening it with showers,
and blessing its growth.
You crown the year with your bounty;
your wagon tracks overflow with abundance.
The pastures of the wilderness overflow,
the hills gird themselves with joy,
the meadows clothe themselves with flocks,
the valleys deck themselves with grain,
they shout and sing together for joy.



From Take Our Moments and Our Days: An Anabaptist Prayer Book - Ordinary Time
         Wednesday morning

Call to Praise
Lord, open our lips
and our mouths will proclaim your praise.
You are good to those who wait for you,
to all who seek you.

Gloria Patri...

Psalm 103

Thanksgiving
My heart is ready, O God;
I will sing your praise.

Your steadfast love is higher than the heavens,
and your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

(free prayers of thanksgiving)

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory shine all over the earth.

Amen.

Mark 11:25; Ephesians 4:30-5:2

Silent or spoken reflection on the readings.


------

"Make me a channel of Your Peace."

-St. Francis


No comments: