Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An Orthodox prayer for this morning...

A Prayer to the Holy Trinity

Arising from sleep I thank You, O Holy Trinity, for because of the abundance of Your goodness and long-suffering Your wrath is not incensed against me, slothful and sinful as I am; neither have You destroyed me in my transgressions: but in Your compassion, You raised me up as I lay in despair; so that I might sing the glories of Your Majesty this day. Do now enlighten the eyes of my understanding, open my mouth to receive Your words, teach me Your commandments, and help me to do Your will, confessing You from my heart, and singing and praising Your perfect and Holy Name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

From the Red Prayer Book (Autocephalus Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America) [alt.]



Songs of Ascent for this morning. (Selected from the BCP Daily Office.)

------

"Make me a channel of Your Peace."

-St. Francis


No comments: