Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Big Chill

Currently in Toledo, OH:
Mostly Cloudy and Windy. 16 degrees Farenheit. Feels Like -3 degrees Farenheit.
weather.com
I see that it is 15 with a -2 windchill in Upland. Pretty close to us.
I guess I should be thankful that I don't live in Chicagoland!! 4 degrees with -15 chill in Deerfield!! Ouch!
St. Louis, on the other hand, makes me jealous: 23 with a 16 degree chill. !


I'm riding the campus bus as much as possible today, because the wind chill is ridiculous.
The bus driver was listening to a sports talk show on the radio. This quote stood out to my ears:

"Money will fail. Marriages most times will fail. The one thing they can't take away from you is your Superbowl record."

!!!

Good Lord, deliver us!
------

"He Himself is our Peace." (Eph 2)

1 comment:

M. Anderson said...

Ugh! -15 below! Who'd want to live there?

I was pretty sure that the radio and bank signs were lying to me when they told me that it was 15 above.

On the bright side, it was still warmer here than in Kenosha; my prof was coming from 30 below weather!

As far as the Superbowl quote is concerned, that's nonsense. Everyone knows that money doesn't fail. After all, what's the American Dream if not giving up the chance for an enjoyable career to make lots of money so that you can retire and enjoy yourself?