Monday, December 31, 2007

Anti-Semitism is Alive in the U.S.

That I bother to state this may be an embarrassing confession of my own detachment from this particular evil, if not my ignorance of the fact.
I was struck by these statistics reported in ChristianityToday's January 2008 issue (their source was the FBI):

Number of Anti-Jewish hate crimes reported in the U.S. in 2006: 967
Number of Anti-Islamic hate crimes reported: 156
Combined number of Anti-Protestant (59) and Anti-Catholic (76) hate crimes:
135


Happy New Year.
------

"He Himself is our Peace." (Eph 2)

1 comment:

M. Anderson said...

Depressing, isn't it?

Out of all the interfaith dialogues, I would be most reticent to work in the Jewish-Christian one. I think that all I could contribute would be, "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa."